Our franchise team has assisted many clients grow from small enterprises to national and international business systems.
Our franchise team has also assist international clients adapt to the local legislative, business and cultural differences when entering the Australasian market.
Our team delivers:
- Worldwide experience - our lawyers have assisted many well-known global companies with their entry into the Australian market and with exporting home-grown business systems all over the world.
- Leading edge capability - our lawyers understand the legal and commercial issues involved in rapid growth and the complex regulation governing the franchise industry.
- A full range of legal advice - we offer assistance in everything from legal compliance and document drafting to working within industry codes and mediation.
We can assist with:
- Appropriate business structures such as franchise, distribution, agency and dealer networks
- Legal mechanisms to protect assets such as the agency, distribution structure, franchise system, the network, the brands and intellectual property including trade marks
- Negotiating and dealing with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), the Franchising Code of Conduct, Australian Securities and Investment Commission and the ACCC in relation to compliance regulatory requirements
- Dispute resolution including negotiation and mediation alternatives to court including those under the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Commercial resolutions regarding agency and franchise relationship issues
- Property, leasing and insurance issues
- Methodologies for system expansion including capital/equity raising and IPOs, assisting in offshore expansion and master international
KHQ Lawyers is proud to announce that both Peter Buberis and Iain Irvine have received international recognition with their inclusion in the Who’s Who Legal: Franchise 2016. Who’s Who Legal conducts independent research with clients and peers to identify the world’s leading franchise lawyers for inclusion in this annual publication. This is the fourth time Peter has been so recognised, with Iain being included for the first time. This award is testament to the outstanding skills and expertise of our franchise team.
KHQ Lawyers’ franchise team has won the ‘Franchise Law – Law Firm of the Year in Australia’ Global Award. The award was made by leading international business publisher, Corporate INTL. These annual awards recognise firms and practice groups who have demonstrated excellence in both their field of expertise and service delivery.