Our corporate law group offers a focused, results driven capability to act in significant corporate transactions and important, sensitive governance matters.
We advise across a range of corporate law matters in a variety of industries including energy and resources, aged care, recruitment, retail, franchising, information technology, financial services and manufacturing.
The team at KHQ is a cost efficient and technically excellent alternative to larger legal transactional service offerings. Acting for SMEs (of various sizes), high net worth individuals, small and mid-cap listed companies and larger listed companies, we provide legal advice in the following areas:
- Private equity
- Capital raisings
- Transaction due diligence
- Company law and governance
- Debt for equity exchanges
- Shareholder matters
- Joint ventures
- Internal restructures
- Asset sales and transfers
- Start-ups and venture capital
Business Succession and Co-Ownership
Mergers and Acquisitions
We have been providing corporate and general commercial services to our clients since the firm’s inception in March 2006. Several of our clients view us as an extension of their in-house legal teams and call upon us for general commercial work in times of high workload. Key areas of commercial work include:
- All aspects of in-house legal practice.
- Legal issues arising from commercial activities online.
- Product sourcing and procurement agreements.
- Training and compliance in competition and consumer law, privacy and the Spam Act.
- Licensing agreements – including the licensing of intellectual property.
- Day to day advice on marketing and advertising issues and review of advertising materials.
- Consumer promotions including developing terms and condition, obtaining permits and reviewing point-of-sale material for legal compliance.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements of all sorts including:
- Supplier agreements.
- Terms and conditions with customers.
- Service agreements with consultants and other service providers.
- Tenders and tender responses.
- Manufacturing agreements.
- Distribution agreements.
- IT agreements.
- Sponsorship agreements.