The members of our government team have been providing advice to the government sector for over 10 years and some of our government lawyers have worked on secondment within the Defence Science and Technology Organisation. Our team’s experience ensures that solutions provided take into account legal, commercial and policy considerations including value for money.
Our government expertise includes:
- Freedom of information/access to information/privacy
- Contracting and outsourcing
- Tendering and procurement processes
- Research agreements, collaborative agreements, COE agreements, staff exchange agreements, loan agreements and other contractual arrangements with industry
- Non-disclosure issues
- Dispute resolution, including alternative dispute resolution
- Employment and industrial relations
- Workplace health and safety
- Statutory interpretation
- Information technology and e-business
- Intellectual property
- Property and planning
Commonwealth Government Legal Services Multi-Use List
KHQ Lawyers has been appointed to the Dispute Resolution and Litigation panel under the Legal Services Multi-Use List (LSMUL) arrangement set up by the Commonwealth Attorney General’s Office of Legal Services Coordination. The LMSUL commenced on 1 June 2012 and gives commonwealth government agencies a pre-approved list of law firms to use when procuring legal services.
The government is always under pressure to deliver more for less. KHQ presents an excellent value proposition in this regard, as its senior lawyers have top tier and in-house experience without the high rates charged by top tier firms.