Iain Irvine holds Law and Science bachelor degrees and a Masters of Laws from the University of Adelaide. He was admitted as a barrister and solicitor in South Australia in 2005 and is admitted in the High Court of Australia.
Iain has extensive experience advising clients on Australian and International franchising, licensing and distribution. He has assisted a number of Australian franchisors with establishment and operation of their franchise systems including advising on resolution of disputes with franchisees. Iain advises clients on acquisition of competing brands and assisted with the sale of the international Cartridge World system.
Iain has previously worked in the USA advising a number of established US brands on licensing into foreign jurisdictions including in the EU, Asia and the Middle East. He continues to assist foreign counsel with franchising and distribution into Australia.
Iain advises clients on intellectual property rights and commercialisation as well as IT and online legal issues including privacy, social media, trademark and domain name issues, and web-related contracts.
Iain also provides commercial advice to clients in a number of industry sectors in relation to the following:
• Sale and purchase of business assets and shares and related due diligence.
• Establishing companies, trusts and other business structures.
• Corporate governance including company procedures and directors duties.
• Commercial contracts including services agreements, manufacturing and distribution agreements, shareholders agreements, terms and conditions of supply, asset leases, sponsorship agreements and guarantees.
• Competition and Consumer Law including misleading and deceptive conduct, anticompetitive conduct, statutory warranties/guarantees and other aspects of the Australian Consumer Law.
• Personal Property Securities Law.
KHQ Lawyers is proud to announce that both Peter Buberis and Iain Irvine have received international recognition with their inclusion in the Who’s Who Legal: Franchise 2016. Who’s Who Legal conducts independent research with clients and peers to identify the world’s leading franchise lawyers for inclusion in this annual publication. This is the fourth time Peter has been so recognised, with Iain being included for the first time. This award is testament to the outstanding skills and expertise of our franchise team.