Andrew is a director in the Corporate and Commercial team.
Andrew trained in the United Kingdom and relocated to Australia in 1998. Prior to joining KHQ, Andrew was a partner and team leader of the Melbourne Corporate Advisory practice at Mills Oakley, a mid tier firm. Andrew also spent 5 years working for Allens Linklaters and Ashursts (formerly Blake Dawson) when he first came to Australia.
Andrew has over 20 years’ experience in advising clients on all aspects of corporate and commercial law. His expertise includes mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, IPOs, capital and debt raisings and related regulatory issues. His experience also spans venture capital and private equity, corporate governance, corporate finance, joint ventures and drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
Andrew is the trusted adviser to a varied client base including SMEs (of various sizes), high net worth individuals, small and mid cap listed companies and larger listed companies. Andrew has expertise in a diverse range of industries including energy and resources, aged care, recruitment, retail, IT and financial services. He is a recognised leader in his field, in particular for the proactive and commercial approach he adopts in advising his clients.
His recent experience includes:
- Advising QS Quacquarelli Symonds (a global education business owned by an overseas private equity fund) on all of the Australian legal aspects associated with its acquisition of Hobsons Solutions, including the entire issued share capital of Hobsons Australia Pty Ltd.
- Advising Remedy Kombucha, a traditional health drink manufacturer, on its minority investment from Lion Dairy & Drinks.
- Advising South Pacific Laundry, a national laundry business, on the sale of 100% of its shares to private equity firm Anchorage Capital Partners, for close to $300 million.
- Advising Vertilux Corporation Pty Ltd, a blinds and window furnishings manufacturer, on the sale of shares and units to Hunter Douglas.
- Advising Victory Franchise Partnership, a blinds and window furnishings retailer and distributor, on the sale of shares to Hunter Douglas which included undertaking a complex corporate restructure to facilitate the sale.
- Assisting AustSino Resources Group Limited, an ASX listed mining exploration company, undertake a substantial private placement to fund its acquisition of a controlling stake of shares in Sundance Resources Limited, another ASX-listed mining exploration company, including re-compliance with the admission requirements of the ASX.
- Assisting Synertec Pty Ltd, a private engineering business with its backdoor listing into SML Corporation Limited, an ASX listed shell company.
- Assisting Tesserent Australia, a company with a cyber-security business, undertake an initial public offering and admission to the official list of ASX.
- Advising Connexion Media Limited (ASX:CXZ) on its backdoor listing of an unlisted technology company, Miroamer Pty Ltd, including re-compliance with chapters 1 and 2 of the ASX listing rules.