Bridget works across our corporate and commercial and private wealth teams.
Prior to joining KHQ, Bridget worked in the corporate and commercial team at a top tier Adelaide law firm. Following this, she worked for almost 2 years as an in-house lawyer for a large Australian port and logistics services group. She has acted in a broad range of matters, including in the areas of general commercial, corporate, construction, energy and environment, intellectual property, wine and beverages and estate planning. She is also currently undertaking an MBA.
Bridget has a diverse client base, including families, high net-worth individuals and small family businesses, through to listed companies and their c-suite executives. Her combined private practice and in-house legal experience has given her a comprehensive understanding of the risks and drivers of a business.
Bridget’s expertise includes:
- estate planning, from simple wills to complex testamentary wills, powers of attorney (medical, financial and personal), and superannuation issues, trusts, and family agreements
- separation of assets from risks (family law, insolvency and bankruptcy)
- general business succession advice and planning
- advice and support on business and corporate structuring
- stakeholder agreements (such as partnership, shareholder and joint venture agreements)
- corporate governance
- compliance with key laws affecting business, including competition & consumer law, corporations law, and privacy and spam laws
- all aspects of in-house legal practice, and
- drafting and negotiating commercial agreements across a range of industries.
Bridget is a progressive and commercially focused lawyer, with a talent for quickly identifying the key issues and providing practical solutions tailored to the needs of each client.