Caroline is a lawyer practising in the litigation and dispute resolution team. Caroline has broad experience across litigation and commercial law and has acted for clients across all levels of Victorian Courts and Tribunals.
Caroline enjoys building relationships, and is adept at navigating clients through the litigation and disputes process with confidence and empathy. She seeks to develop a thorough understanding of the issues her clients are facing, so as to provide considered and pragmatic advice. Examples of her experience include:
- Acting for private clients and corporations in commercial disputes including breach of contract, Corporations Act matters, and the Australian Consumer Law (including misleading or deceptive conduct).
- Advising on bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
- Advising on intellectual property disputes, including in relation to copyright, design and trade marks.
- Advising franchisees and franchisors in setting up, managing and expanding their businesses.
- Acting for clients on debt recovery and enforcement actions
- Acting for clients in relation to construction, property and Owners Corporation disputes, including in VCAT and arbitrations under the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA) rules.
- Acting for and advising clients in relation to alternative dispute resolution.
- Acting for clients in relation to costs disputes.
Caroline applies a commercial approach to all matters and strives to achieve the most efficient, strategic and positive outcomes available for her clients, whilst managing competing risks.
Caroline is a member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA) and Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria (WIRV).