Claire Carrucan is a Senior Associate working in the Commercial Property & Development team.
Claire was admitted to practice in 2002 and spent three years at a Ballarat firm gaining experience across a wide range of commercial and property matters including leasing, commercial and residential conveyancing and general commercial advice.
Between 2004 and 2006 Claire was employed in London where she practiced in two separate firms’ property departments, primarily in leasing, for two major telecommunications operators.
Claire returned to Melbourne in July 2006 and commenced working with an inner city firm developing further commercial and property expertise. In July 2009 Claire was appointed to Senior Associate and in that role she regularly advised the landlords of a number of major supermarket retailers and was involved in drafting and advising on a number of large-scale property development agreements across greater Melbourne. Claire has also assisted smaller landlords, tenants and property developers across a range of projects in Victoria and provided advice to small business owners on purchases of business.
Since joining KHQ in early 2015 Claire has assisted clients across a range of industries in relation to their property acquisitions and sales, development and leasing. This has recently included providing legal advice in relation to:-
- a development agreement for the proposed sale and residential development of a large parcel of land on the outskirts of Melbourne;
- the acquisition of various large off-the-plan sites across Victoria for development by a supermarket retailer;
- agreements for lease and leases in various Australian states for retail outlets of a listed auto parts supplier;
- a complex long term option for the sale of a large parcel of land in Melton;
- structuring arrangements for the leasing and partial sale of a brewery and hostel on the Great Ocean Road; and
- leases for various office spaces in the Melbourne CBD for clients in technology, human resources and the commercial services industry.
Clients value Claire’s efficiency, commerciality and solutions focussed approach.