Damian is a Special Counsel in our superannuation & financial services team.
Damian has over 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry. His primary area of specialisation is the regulation, administration and management of superannuation funds.
Damian’s experience includes:
- assisting Australia’s largest and most sophisticated retail superannuation funds and master funds with fund transfers and product consolidation, including a multi-party fund merger that resulted in the creation of one of Australia’s largest retail superannuation funds with over $70 billion under management
- litigation and dispute resolution, including SCT and AFCA complaints and acting in proceedings brought in State and Federal Courts in relation to alleged defective or misleading fund disclosure and declined claims for disablement benefits
- advising superannuation fund trustees in relation to the application of all aspects of the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 and regulations, including RSE Licensing requirements and APRA regulation
- advising superannuation fund trustees and other financial services businesses in relation to Australian Financial Services licensing and ASIC regulation under the Corporations Act 2001, and
- drafting and amending trust deeds and other superannuation fund documentation, investment management agreements, outsourcing agreements and trustee appointment and retirement documents.