David leads our Competition Law & Regulatory Compliance team. He is a highly experienced litigator in state and federal courts, and regularly deals with the ACCC and ASIC. He draws on this experience to implement practical legal compliance programs for clients, to help protect their brand and reputation and stay out of trouble with regulators, competitors, customers and suppliers. His clients span diverse industries including fashion, online retail, manufacturing and financial services, and he has a particular reputation for achieving commercial outcomes quickly.
David’s expertise includes:
- ACCC and ASIC investigations and enforcement
- mergers and acquisitions, including ACCC clearance
- anti-competitive conduct, including cartel conduct, exclusive dealing and misuse of market power
- misleading or deceptive conduct
- advertising development and compliance across all media, including for financial products and services
- unfair contract terms and unconscionable conduct
- product safety, labelling, recalls and liability
- consumer protection laws, and
- developing competition and consumer law and intellectual property compliance programs.