Dinh leads our Commercial Property & Development team. She has 19 years’ experience in commercial property law, including over 14 years at top tier firm, Herbert Smith Freehills. She has practised in New South Wales and Victoria, has serviced clients nationally around Australia and has previously worked in London.
Dinh has been a trusted adviser on commercial office developments, forward fund throughs, securing tenancy pre-commitments for office and retail developments, head office relocations, acting for landlords and tenants on all types of leasing transactions and sales and acquisitions of commercial, retail and mixed use properties. She has also conducted due diligences for business sales and acquisitions, development financing and privatisation of infrastructure assets. In the current climate, Dinh has been a key adviser to both landlords and tenants on rent relief claims under the Mandatory Code of Conduct.
Dinh’s clients know her for her dedication to client service, commerciality and guidance, technical ability and speedy turnaround of advice and documentation. When clients work with Dinh, they know they are in a safe pair of hands. Having worked on some of Victoria’s largest property transactions as well as guiding clients through ‘business as usual’ matters, Dinh brings with her a wealth of insight into what is market practice and provides commercially pragmatic solutions to legal risks.
At her previous firm, Dinh played a key role in the following projects:
- Acting for Lendlease on its development of 2 commercial office towers as part of the Melbourne Quarter Precinct development. The development is one of Victoria’s largest urban regeneration projects worth over $2 billion. This included the sell-down to the investor, tenancy pre-commitments and mitigation of rent guarantee strategies.
- Acting for Mirvac on its anchor tenancy pre-commitment of over 22,000 square metres of office space and all other tenancy pre-commitments (office and retail) for its redevelopment of Olderfleet, 477 Collins Street. Dinh has also worked on other high profile Melbourne CBD developments including 80 Collins Street, the Rialto and 664 Collins Street.
- Advising CSL on its major head office relocation, which was the largest tenancy pre-commitment deal in Victoria at the time.
- Acting for the purchaser on its acquisition of 3 commercial office towers forming part of the World Trade Centre, Docklands for over $267 million.
- Advising Adelaide Brighton on the property aspects of its acquisition of a concrete and quarry business involving 6 freehold and leasehold properties.
- Acting for L.A.S. Group in its redevelopment and sale of a shopping centre including negotiating with 3 major tenants, preparing suite of pro forma documents and acting on all tenancy pre-commitments, pass through of risks to builder, addressing financier‘s due diligence queries and sell down to the purchaser.
- Acting for Dexus in setting up and managing its stream leasing of 2 large office towers in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Acting for financiers on their property due diligence for a construction financing of mixed use developments including a hotel and residential apartments.