James is an experienced commercial lawyer with expertise across a number of practice areas and industry sectors. He is a trusted advisor within the property sector and has:
- advised some of Australia’s most prominent land and retail shopping centre owners and private commercial clients in respect of their commercial leasing portfolios
- specialist expertise in commercial leasing disputes, landlord enforcement action and debt recovery including winding up and bankruptcy proceedings
- regularly advised landowners and insolvency practitioners in respect of property related insolvency issues, and
- significant experience advising clients in the hospitality, gaming and tourism sector.
James has acted on a broad range of commercial disputes and has appeared as advocate in all state and federal jurisdictions and is committed to resolving disputes in a timely and cost effective manner.
His extensive transactional experience includes:
- advising on the sale and purchase of a range of property assets from small commercial holdings to major shopping centres
- regularly advising insolvency practitioners on the sale and purchase of distressed assets
- advising on the sale and purchase of a number of businesses and other commercial transactions, and
- particular expertise within the pharmacy sector having assisted major pharmacy groups on a number of complex restructures and transactions.
James has an interest in a number of other practice areas and industry sectors including:
- building, construction and infrastructure
- planning and development, and
- local government and public administration.
James is a relationship driven professional and enjoys working closely with accountants, property industry professionals and other advisors to achieve outstanding results for his clients.