Jeremy leads our Technology & Commercial practices. He is a highly experienced lawyer, having held principal and other senior positions with respected top-tier and ‘NewLaw’ firms, and also as in-house counsel for a London-based broadcaster.
Jeremy’s expertise encompasses advice and support on complex commercial transactions and strategic projects, with a particular focus on:
- technology-centric transactions and projects
- procurement including RFP preparation and responses
- cloud computing
- data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- services, supply, distribution and partnering arrangements, often in regulated and/or emerging industries
- intellectual property licensing and commercialisation
- mergers and acquisitions, and
- general commercial contracting and advice.
His expertise spans a range of sectors, including IT & telecommunications, financial services, energy, infrastructure, health, automotive and FMCG. He also provides general commercial advice.
Jeremy is a progressive thinker and passionate about innovation, both in terms of the evolutionary nature of technology law and its commercial implementation, and in devising new approaches to problem solving and legal support. He has worked closely with numerous Australian blue-chip companies.
Examples of Jeremy’s experience include:
- acting for a major infrastructure facility on core technology projects and related data and information management
- acting for public and private entities on the procurement of critical technology solutions
- drafting and implementing supply and distribution arrangements in the FMCG sector
- acting on key medical supply and distribution arrangements, and
- acting for a major energy provider on the divestment of a technology-based business.