Jessica is an experienced commercial lawyer with expertise across a range of practice areas, particularly in relation to commercial property, franchising and intellectual property.
Jessica’s experience in commercial property includes:
- advising retail shopping owners and private commercial clients in relation to commercial leasing matters
- advising on the sale and purchase of commercial property including assisting with due diligence
- advising on residential and commercial property developments
- assisting with commercial leasing disputes and landlord enforcement action
- advising landowners and insolvency practitioners in relation to property related insolvency issues, and
- advising insolvency practitioners on the sale and purchase of distressed assets.
Jessica regularly advises clients in the franchising industry and has assisted a number of Australian franchisors with the establishment of their franchise systems. She also provides ongoing advice to franchisors in relation to the operation of their franchise systems and compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct.
Jessica also advises clients on all areas of trade mark law and provides trade mark searches and advice regarding registrability, applications, registrations, enforcement and licensing. She assists clients with the commercialisation of their intellectual property, particularly for franchise systems. She also provides advice in relation to other areas of intellectual property such as copyright and designs.
Jessica has an interest in a number of other corporate and commercial areas including business structures, corporate governance, government, infrastructure and development.
Prior to joining KHQ in 2016, Jessica acted for both private and government clients in commercial matters with a focus on property. She also worked in an in-house Commonwealth government legal team assisting with corporate, commercial, intellectual property and commercial property issues throughout Australia.