Jessica joined KHQ in 2016 and specialises in providing advice and assistance with commercial law matters, with a particular focus on intellectual property and franchising.
Prior to joining KHQ, Jessica acted for both private and government clients in commercial and property law matters. Jessica has also worked in an in-house government legal team assisting with corporate, commercial, intellectual property and real property issues throughout Australia.
Jessica’s intellectual property expertise includes:
- assisting with trade mark applications and enforcement including collating evidence of use, oppositions, applications for removal for non-use and attending to registration and renewals
- assisting with advice on trade mark protection including preparing cease and desist documents
- areparing reports on trade mark portfolios for clients, including Toyota Motor Corporation Australia
- advising on and drafting licence agreements for commercialisation of intellectual property, particularly for franchise systems
- preparing agreements for protection and dissemination of intellectual property and associated confidential information, and
- working closely with senior partners and trade mark attorneys in all aspects of intellectual property.
Jessica’s previous experience gives her a broad understanding of issues arising in commercial matters and enables her to provide practical advice suited to each client.