Koula is a Senior Associate in our Corporate & Commercial team. She has extensive experience spanning a range of corporate and commercial matters, with particular expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, stakeholder agreements, restructurings and corporate governance. Koula has experience across a broad range of commercial matters with a particular interest in competition and consumer law, including restrictive trade practices, privacy law and GDPR compliance, procurement and technology agreements and the health services sector. Koula also works across our industry focussed Technology and Food & Beverage teams.
Koula’s clients include privately owned businesses, large corporate firms, technology companies and superannuation funds.
Her recent experience includes:
- Advising Rome2Rio Pty Ltd, a travel planning search engine developer, and its majority shareholders on their sale to a global competitor, Omio, a Berlin-based travel booking platform.
- Advising a software company in relation to a series of capital raisings by way of convertible notes (debt) and equity raising.
- Assisting the majority shareholders of a technology business to exit in the face of opposition from minority shareholders, including implementing and carrying out the prescriptive pre-emptive and drag along right procedures in the company’s shareholders’ deed.
- Assisting a lead manager with its engagements in relation to a number of pre-IPO private placements, including undertaking legal due diligence on the issuers and undertaking a legal review of the placement documentation including subscription agreements and investor presentations.
- Assisting a privately held Australian pharmaceutical and complementary medicine manufacturer in the sale of 75% of the business with associated intellectual property and licensing agreements to a Hong Kong listed entity.
- Assisting the purchaser and the licensee (a major financial product provider) in respect of the purchase of financial services businesses within the larger group.
- Advised an Australian based ASX-listed software company as the target of a takeover by a Canadian listed software company.
- Acted for a closely held national group in the food and grocery sector in a complicated restructure and merger with a large national retailer/wholesaler.
- Advised a State-based disability support service provider to advise on implementation of its merger with a national provider of disability services.
- Advised a privately held health service provider in the sale of a practice to a national corporate chain of health care centres.
Koula holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne and a Bachelor of Arts and Masters in Communications & Media Studies from Monash University. She is also involved with the Hellenic Australian Lawyers Association as a committee member and former national Secretary.