Melanie works across our Corporate & Commercial and Technology practice groups. Her work scope encompasses all facets of general commercial contracting, intellectual property, technology, privacy and cybersecurity.
Melanie’s expertise includes:
- all forms of technology and IT agreements for both acquirers and suppliers of IT services
- software as a service (SaaS)
- software development and licensing
- cloud hosting and outsourcing
- mobile device applications
- website terms and conditions
- agency, reseller and distribution arrangements
- privacy and cybersecurity
- intellectual property (including licensing and commercialisation)
- confidentiality agreements
- research and development agreements
- consultancy agreements
- services agreements, and
- general commercial contracting.
Examples of Melanie’s experience includes:
- acting for major Australian bank on a range of IT procurement and technology matters
- drafting technology reseller agreements
- drafting privacy policies, privacy statements and advising on data breaches and regulatory notifications, and
- acting for a cloud-based communications platform provider, providing strategic advice and commercial contracting.
Prior to joining us, Melanie worked with well-known boutique firms in the UK (where she qualified), a top-tier Australian firm, and a leading Australian tertiary educational institution in a contract development role (focusing on intellectual property, licensing and commercialisation). She has undertaken secondments with a government statutory authority (performing a legal, procurement and risk role), and also with leading Australian financial institutions.