Sapphire is a Senior Associate in our Workplace Relations & Safety team. Prior to joining KHQ, Sapphire worked with national commercial law firms and at national levels of the Australian union movement. Her experience includes industrial relations, employment and discrimination.
Sapphire’s experience across diverse industries (including recruitment, healthcare, professional services, manufacturing, government, retail, warehousing, distribution, education, and construction) informs her delivery of practical workplace outcomes to minimise risk and liability.
Examples of matters Sapphire has been involved in include:
- Enterprise bargaining: advising on enterprise bargaining for employers in the gas, construction, and manufacturing industries as well as advice regarding bargaining strategy, protected action ballots, and compliance obligations.
- Restraint of trade: advice regarding restraint of trade involving a multinational employer in the information technology industry.
- Labour hire & wage theft regulation: advising national and multinational employers on the operation of wage theft and labour hire licensing laws.
- Discrimination: resolving a disability discrimination claim in the Australian Human Rights Commission for a national retailer with over 50,000 employees in Australia.
- Workplace policies: advice in relation to the national implementation of a drug and alcohol policy for an employer with over 2,000 employees in the transport industry.
- Return to work: advice regarding return-to-work arrangements for ill and injured workers of an ASX-listed retail employer.
Sapphire has experience in the County Court of Victoria, Supreme Court of Victoria, Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court, Fair Work Commission, Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Equal Opportunity Tasmania, and Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission.