Veronica has broad and longstanding experience in workplace relations, having worked in various roles in private practice, with key unions, the Australian Retailers Association and the Fair Work Commission. She also has a deep understanding of the internal commercial needs of both public and private sector clients, having completed a lengthy secondment for a large public sector client.
Veronica regularly assists public and private sector clients across a range of industries and matters, including in the following areas:
- enterprise bargaining and agreement approvals
- award/Agreement disputes, right of entry, industrial litigation and other union issues
- discrimination claims (both State and Federal)
- drafting employment contracts and policies
- transfer of business
- anti-bullying applications
- OHS/WHS advice and litigation, and
- all termination of employment matters (including litigating unfair dismissal and general protections claims).
Veronica regularly provides training and information sessions on employment law issues, including training on discrimination and termination of employment, and also participates in the Fair Work Commission’s Workplace Advice Service, which provides eligible people and employers access to free legal assistance regarding unfair dismissals, general protections and anti-bullying applications.
Veronica is an active member of the workplace relations community, having served on the Executive Committee of the Industrial Relations Society of Victoria, the Law Institute of Victoria’s Employment and Industrial Relations Committee (of which she has been a co-chair since 2017) and the Law Institute of Victoria’s Workplace Relations Executive Committee. She is also a member of the Victorian Women Lawyers and Law Institute of Victoria.