We specialise in the tricky, sticky, and nitty-gritty, so you can concentrate on what’s important: food, glorious food.
What we do
KHQ Food & Beverage is our dedicated, specialist food and beverage practice, supporting clients from all sectors of the food and beverage industry (be they producers, manufacturers, distributors or packers).
Our experience stems from many years supporting major national and international FMCG clients with their product labelling and associated regulatory requirements. This expertise is backed by our broad commercial capability covering areas such as general commercial, corporate law, workplace relations & OHS, litigation and dispute resolution, technology, and private wealth (including succession planning and taxation).
Our key services include:
- Product labelling compliance (including expert advice on the FSANZ Code, country of origin, measurement, and more).
- Marketing collateral review (all media, including communications and industry codes).
- Promotions (national, international, end-to-end).
- Sponsorship, licensing, and branding agreements.
- Competition and consumer law advice and training.
- Manufacturing and distribution agreements.
- Copyright, trade mark, and trade secret protection and enforcement.
- Complaints, disputes, recall and risk management.
- Tax structuring and compliance advice (including personal wealth).
- Employment, outsourcing, and procurement advice.
- Property and plant & equipment sale, leasing, and hire (including PPSA advice).
- Liquor licensing and regulatory compliance.
- Leasing (including retail leasing) and franchising.
We walk with our clients through the compliance maze, providing focused, pragmatic advice every step of the way. Recognising the timing pressures our clients often face, we provide fast-turnaround advice by phone and email, in most circumstances within 48 hours of receipt of instructions.
We invite you to contact us for an obligation free discussion, and welcome the opportunity to work with you.
Our clients include major and up-and-coming national and multinational brands, including Mondelez Australia (Cadbury, The Natural Confectionary Company, Oreos and Toblerone), Monde Nissin (nudie, Peckish, Black Swan), Allied Pinnacle, Schweppes, General Mills (Betty Crocker, Old el Paso and Lattina Fresh), Dr. Oetker (Ristorante Pizza, Pappa Guiseppi Pizza), ALDI Stores, Subway, Starbucks, Tasti D Lite, 50sixone, Johnny Rockets, Jamie Oliver Group, Charlie & Co Burgers and McWilliam’s Wines Group, as well as SMEs of various sizes and start-ups.
We have a dedicated email address – email@example.com. Or feel free to call us on (03) 9663 9877, and you will be directed to a member of our talented team. You can also follow our LinkedIn page, where we regularly publish news insights relevant to this area.