Our franchise team has assisted many clients grow from small enterprises to national and international business systems.
Our franchise team has also assist international clients adapt to the local legislative, business and cultural differences when entering the Australasian market.
Our team delivers:
- Worldwide experience – our lawyers have assisted many well-known global companies with their entry into the Australian market and with exporting home-grown business systems all over the world.
- Leading edge capability – our lawyers understand the legal and commercial issues involved in rapid growth and the complex regulation governing the franchise industry.
- A full range of legal advice – we offer assistance in everything from legal compliance and document drafting to working within industry codes and mediation.
We can assist with:
- Appropriate business structures such as franchise, distribution, agency and dealer networks
- Legal mechanisms to protect assets such as the agency, distribution structure, franchise system, the network, the brands and intellectual property including trade marks
- Negotiating and dealing with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), the Franchising Code of Conduct, Australian Securities and Investment Commission and the ACCC in relation to compliance regulatory requirements
- Dispute resolution including negotiation and mediation alternatives to court including those under the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Commercial resolutions regarding agency and franchise relationship issues
- Property, leasing and insurance issues
- Methodologies for system expansion including capital/equity raising and IPOs, assisting in offshore expansion and master international