On this episode of JOY Law, Bronwyn Montgomery and Kristina Antoniades discuss legal issues regarding transgender youth and minors, including:
- parental responsibility and the role of both parents until the child turns 18 years of age;
- medical interventions requiring consent beyond normal parental responsibility;
- two stages requiring consideration and consent:
- stage one consideration relating to delaying the onset of puberty; and
- stage two requiring Family Court consideration relating to the administration of oestrogen or testosterone, and
- special evidence required when making an application to the Family Court.
Listen to the podcast by clicking here.
If you’d like the team to answer a question on air, please email JOYlaw@joy.org.au.
KHQ Lawyers is a proud sponsor of JOY 94.9.