On JOY Law, Jack Stuk and I joined the JOY FM team to discuss what options are available to you if you are left out of a family member’s Will. Specifically, we discussed:
- the steps you should follow when challenging a Will;
- how you can demonstrate that you are an “eligible person”;
- the moral obligations family members have to provide maintenance and support;
- the time frame for challenging validity; and
- equality for LGBTI people.
Listen to the podcast of the episode by clicking here. Earlier this year, we also wrote a post about how members of the LGBTI community are often left out of family members’ Wills, and options for challenging a Will. You can read that earlier post by clicking here.
If you’d like the team to answer a question on air, please email JOYlaw@joy.org.au.
KHQ Lawyers are proud sponsors of JOY FM.