Kathryn is a Senior Associate working across our Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Insolvency & Restructuring teams, and has focused predominantly on these areas of law since commencing practice.
Kathryn provides commercial and pragmatic advice to her clients, and has acted for a variety of SMEs, directors and individuals in both litigation and in restructuring their affairs to deal with financial difficulties. She also works with many insolvency practitioners in administrations and liquidations.
Kathryn’s experience includes acting in:
- Unfair preference claims against creditors of insolvent companies (and, on the other side of the coin, acting for creditors when claims are brought by liquidators).
- Shareholder disputes, including issuing and defending oppression proceedings.
- Debt recovery proceedings in various jurisdictions across Australia to pursue recalcitrant debtors and enforce security interests.
- An application by an external administrator for remuneration approval.
- Disputes between franchisees and franchisors.
- Public examinations in relation to both corporate and personal insolvencies for examinees and liquidators.
- Winding up proceedings and creditor’s petitions.
In addition to her Bachelor of Laws, Kathryn also holds a Bachelor of Science, and is a member of Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria.