Our competition law and regulatory compliance practice encompasses a broad range of competition and consumer law and other regulatory matters. The team’s expertise includes:
- mergers and acquisitions
- joint ventures
- anti-competitive conduct, including cartel conduct, exclusive dealing and misuse of market power
- ACCC and ASIC investigations and enforcement
- product safety, labelling, recalls and liability
- unfair contract terms and unconscionable conduct
- advertising development and compliance across all media, including for financial products and services
- consumer protection laws, and
- legal compliance training programs.
Our team comprises experienced litigators in state and federal courts. Our focus is on obtaining early stage resolution whenever possible. We regularly deal with the ACCC and ASIC, and provide pragmatic, solutions-focused advice, tailored to meet our clients’ commercial objectives.
We also work with marketers, brand managers, in-house lawyers and creative and media agencies on:
- legally approving all types of marketing communications such as television commercial & radio scripts, advertising concepts, copy & artwork, online campaigns, and viral & social media campaigns
- trade promotions and other marketing activations
- legal requirements for packaging and labelling
- all manner of supporting commercial agreements, including customer and supplier contracts, talent agreements, and sponsorship, endorsement and brand ambassador agreements
- compliance with the AANA Code of Ethics and industry specific advertising codes, and
- compliance with privacy and spam laws.
We support many brands across various industries with their regulatory and compliance needs. Clients value our creative approach to solving complex legal issues in a timely, cost-effective manner.