Best Lawyers™ in Australia
Several of our lawyers are recognised in the list of The Best Lawyers™ in Australia. The list is compiled by US-based peer review company, The Best Lawyers, from more than 470,000 evaluations, and includes more than 3290 lawyers from 370 law firms nationwide. The list is updated annually, and published in the Australian Financial Review. Our recognised lawyers (and the years in which they have been recognised) are:
- Catherine Bell – Construction & Infrastructure Law (2019-2022).
- Chris Gianatti – Labour & Employment Law (2018-2022) and Employee Benefits Law (2022).
- Claire Brown – Labour & Employment Law (2020-2022).
- Gina Capasso – Employee Benefits Law and Occupational Health & Safety Law (2017-2022).
- Greg Oliver – Family Law (2022).
- Natalie Cambrell – Corporate Governance Practice, Financial Institutions, Funds Management, Investment Law and Superannuation Law (2010-2022). Natalie has also been recognised as Lawyer of the Year for Superannuation Law (2017, 2019 and 2021), Funds Management (2020) and Investments Law (2022).
- Jeremy Snow – Telecommunications Law (2018-2022).
- Damian Tarulli – Financial Institutions Law (2021-2022).
Chambers & Partners
One of the most reliable sources of independent law firm ranking data globally. Chambers updates its guides annually, and is renowned for its comprehensive view of the legal marketplace and the depth and quality of its research.
We have been recognised as follows:
- Jack Stuk has is ranked Band 2 in the High Net Worth Guide (2018-2021), with KHQ’s Private Wealth team ranked Band 3 (2018-2021).
- Chris Gianatti is ranked in the Asia Pacific Guide (2019 & 2021) for Employment Law.
- Natalie Cambrell is ranked in the Asia Pacific Guide (2020) for superannuation law (Band 3) and financial services regulation (Band 4).
Legal 500 Asia Pacific
A leading source of independent rankings data, Legal 500 Asia Pacific covers law firms and lawyers across 20 countries in the Asia Pacific region. Each jurisdiction is thoroughly researched, including client surveys and interviews.
Our Workplace Relations & Safety team has been ranked since 2015, with director Chris Gianatti recognised as a Leading Individual in the Australian market. The emergence in the rankings of other senior lawyers in the team is a testament to the depth of talent within the team.
- KHQ Lawyers – Leading Firm – Labour & Employment – Australia (2015-2021).
- Chris Gianatti – Band 1 Leading Individual (2015-2021).
- Claire Brown – Recommended Lawyer (2018-2020).
- Gina Capasso – Recommended Lawyer (2020).
- Michael Cochrane – Recommended Lawyer (2020-2021).
Doyle’s Guide compiles its rankings across various legal disciplines in each state and territory of Australia, via online peer-review surveys, independent research and interviews with clients and industry bodies. Firms do not participate in or pay for rankings.
Our teams and lawyers are recognised across multiple categories, as follows:
Corporate & Commercial
- Andrew Walker – Recommended – Leading Corporate Lawyers (Victoria, 2017-2021).
- Andrew Walker – Recommended – Leading Business & Commercial Lawyers (Victoria, 2021).
- Recommended – Leading Corporate Law Firms (Victoria, 2020-2021). Previously ranked in the legacy category Leading Corporate & Commercial Law Firms (SME & Mid-Market Matters) (Victoria, 2017 & 2018).
Commercial Property & Development
- Recommended – Leading Property & Real Estate Law Firms (Victoria,2018).
Competition Law & Regulatory Compliance
- David Robbins – Rising Star – Competition Law (Australia, 2018).
Construction & Engineering
- Catherine Bell – Recommended – Leading Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyers (Victoria, 2019).
Family & Relationship Law
- Recommended – Leading Family & Divorce Law Firms (Melbourne) 2017.
- Monica Blizzard – Recommended – Leading Parenting & Childrens Matters Lawyers (Victoria, 2019).
Taxation & Succession Planning
- Recommended – Leading Tax Law Firms (Victoria, 2018 & 2019).
- Jack Stuk – Recommended – Leading Tax Lawyers (Victoria, 2018 & 2019).
- Recommended – Leading Technology Media & Telecommunications Law Firms (Victoria, 2018).
Wills & Estates
- Ines Kallweit – Preeminent – Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers – Victoria, 2015-2021.
- Ines Kallweit – Preeminent – Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers – Victoria, 2019-2021 (ranked “Leading” in 2017 & 2018).
- Ines Kallweit – Preeminent – Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers – Australia, 2019-2020 (ranked “Leading” in 2017 & 2018).
- Ines Kallweit – Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers – Australia, 2019 (ranked “Recommended” in 2017 & 2018).
- KHQ Lawyers – Second Tier – Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Law Firms – Victoria, 2019-2021 (ranked Third Tier in 2018).
- KHQ Lawyers – Second Tier – Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Law Firms – Victoria, 2019-2021 (ranked Third Tier in 2018).
- Jack Stuk – Recommended – Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers – Victoria, 2018.
Workplace Relations & Safety
- Recommended – Leading Employment Law Firms (Employer Representation) (Victoria, 2018-2021).
- Chris Gianatti – Recommended – Leading Employment Lawyers (Employer Representation) (Victoria, 2018-2021).
- Recommended in the Leading Workplace Health & Safety Law Firms (Victoria, 2020-2021).
- Gina Capasso – Recommended – Leading Workplace Health & Safety Lawyers (Victoria, 2020-2021).
A leading publisher of legal industry news and opinion, Lawyers Weekly recognises lawyers and law firms across several key awards annually. We have received the following recognition:
- Sanela Osmanovic – Finalist – Financial Services – 30 Under 30 Awards 2021.
- Amelia Edwards – Finalist – Competition, Trade & Regulation and Commercial categories – 30 Under 30 Awards 2019.
- Monica Blizzard – Winner – Partner of the Year (Family Law) – Partner of the Year Awards 2018.
- Monica Blizzard – Finalist – Mentor of the Year – Women in Law Awards 2017.
- Amelia Edwards – Finalist – Technology Media & Telecommunications – 30 Under 30 Awards 2017.
- David Kelly – Finalist – Partner of the Year (Commercial) – Partner of the Year Awards 2016.
Law Institute of Victoria
The LIV is the peak industry body for the legal profession in Victoria. Its annual Victorian Legal Awards recognises excellence in the legal profession, with both lawyers and firms recognised across several key categories. KHQ was a finalist in the Medium Law Firm of the Year category of the 14th Victorian Legal Awards.
Lexology Client Choice
Nominations for these awards are made only by in-house counsel. Law firms and individual lawyers are rated on set criteria regarding quality of advice, commerciality, industry knowledge and client service (amongst other things).
Director, Chris Gianatti, won the Client Choice award in the category of Employment & Benefits (Australia) for three consecutive years (2015-2017).
A key publisher of news, information and updates relevant to the legal industry.
KHQ was a finalist in the Boutique Law Firm of the Year category of the Australasian Law Awards (2016 & 2017).