Best Lawyers™ in Australia
Several of our lawyers are recognised in the list of The Best Lawyers™ in Australia. The list is compiled by US-based peer review company, The Best Lawyers, from more than 470,000 evaluations, and includes more than 3290 lawyers from 370 law firms nationwide. The list is updated annually, and published in the Australian Financial Review. Our recognised lawyers (and the years in which they have been recognised) are:
- Chris Gianatti – Labour & Employment Law (2018-2020)
- Claire Brown – Labour & Employment Law (2020)
- David Krolikowski – Real Estate & Property Law (2018-2020)
- Fiona Trethewey – Franchise Law (2015-2020)
- Gina Capasso – Employee Benefits Law and Occupational Health & Safety Law (2017-2020)
- Iain Irvine – Commercial Law (2020)
- Peter Buberis – Franchise Law and Commercial Law (2011-2020)
Chambers & Partners
One of the most reliable sources of independent law firm ranking data globally. Chambers updates its guides annually, and is renowned for its comprehensive view of the legal marketplace and the depth and quality of its research.
We have been recognised as follows:
- Jack Stuk is ranked Band 2 in the High Net Worth Guide 2018, with KHQ’s Private Wealth team ranked Band 3.
- Chris Gianatti is ranked in the Asia Pacific Guide 2019 for Employment Law.
Legal 500 Asia Pacific
A leading source of independent rankings data, Legal 500 Asia Pacific covers law firms and lawyers across 20 countries in the Asia Pacific region. Each jurisdiction is thoroughly researched, including client surveys and interviews.
Our Workplace Relations & OHS team has been ranked for four consecutive years, with director Chris Gianatti recognised as a Leading Individual in the Australian market. The emergence of special counsel, Claire Brown, in the rankings is testament to the depth of the team’s talent.
- KHQ Lawyers – Leading Firm – Labour & Employment – Australia (2015-2019).
- Chris Gianatti – Band 1 Leading Individual (2015-2019).
- Claire Brown – Recommended Lawyer (2018 & 2019).
Doyle’s Guide compiles its rankings across various legal disciplines in each state and territory of Australia, via online peer-review surveys, independent research and interviews with clients and industry bodies. Firms do not participate in or pay for rankings.
Our teams and lawyers are recognised across multiple categories, as follows:
Corporate & Commercial
- Recommended – Leading Corporate & Commercial Law Firms (SME & Mid-Market Matters) (Victoria, 2017 & 2018).
- Andrew Walker – Recommended – Leading Corporate Lawyers and Leading Corporate & Commercial Lawyers (SME & Mid-Market Matters) (Victoria, 2017 & 2018).
Commercial Property & Development
- Recommended – Leading Property & Real Estate Law Firms (Victoria,2018).
- David Krolikowski – Recommended – Leading Property & Real Estate Lawyers (Victoria, 2018).
Competition Law & Regulatory Compliance
- David Robbins – Rising Star – Competition Law (Australia, 2018).
Workplace Relations & OHS
- Recommended – Leading Employment Lawyers (Employer Representation) (Victoria, 2018 & 2019).
- Chris Gianatti – Recommended – Leading Employment Lawyers (Employer Representation) (Victoria, 2018 & 2019).
- Recommended – Leading Intellectual Property & TMT Law Firms (South Australia, 2018).
- Fiona Trethewey – Recommended – Leading Intellectual Property & TMT Lawyers (South Australia,2018).
- Recommended – Leading Technology Media & Telecommunications Law Firms (Victoria, 2018).
- Darren Sommers – Recommended – Leading Technology Media & Telecommunications Lawyers.
Wills & Estates
- Third Tier – Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Law Firms – Victoria, 2018.
- Third Tier – Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Law Firms – Victoria, 2018.
- Ines Kallweit – Preeminent – Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers – Victoria, 2015-2018.
- Ines Kallweit – Leading – Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers – Victoria, 2017 & 2018.
- Jack Stuk – Recommended – Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers – Victoria, 2018.
- Ines Kallweit – Recommended – Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers – Australia, 2017.
- Ines Kallweit – Leading – Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers – Australia, 2017.
Family & Relationship Law
- Recommended – Leading Family & Divorce Law Firms (Melbourne) 2017.
- Monica Blizzard – Recommended – Leading Parenting & Childrens Matters Lawyers (Victoria, 2019).
Who’s Who Legal
Who’s Who Legal is one of the world’s foremost publishers of comprehensive, independent, law firm rankings data.
Our franchise team (and in particular, Peter Buberis) has been recognised by Who’s Who Legal in the franchise law category for several consecutive years.
- Peter Buberis – Franchise Law – 2013-2017.
- Iain Irvine – Franchise Law – 2016-2017.
Law Institute of Victoria
The LIV is the peak industry body for the legal profession in Victoria. Its annual Victorian Legal Awards recognises excellence in the legal profession, with both lawyers and firms recognised across several key categories. We have received the following recognition:
- Finalist – Medium Law Firm of the Year – 14th Victorian Legal Awards (2018).
- Kristina Antoniades – Winners – Accredited Specialist Achievement Award – 14th Victorian Legal Awards (2018).
Lexology Client Choice
Nominations for these awards are made only by in-house counsel. Law firms and individual lawyers are rated on set criteria regarding quality of advice, commerciality, industry knowledge and client service (amongst other things).
Director, Chris Gianatti, won the Client Choice award in the category of Employment & Benefits (Australia) for three consecutive years (2015-2017).
A leading publisher of legal industry news and opinion, Lawyers Weekly recognises lawyers and law firms across several key awards annually. We have received the following recognition:
- Monica Blizzard – Winner – Partner of the Year (Family Law) – Partner of the Year Awards 2018.
- Monica Blizzard – Finalist – Mentor of the Year – Women in Law Awards 2017.
- Bonnie Phillips – Finalist – Family Law – 30 Under 30 Awards 2018.
- Amelia Edwards – Finalist – Technology Media & Telecommunications – 30 Under 30 Awards 2017.
- David Kelly – Finalist – Partner of the Year (Commercial) – Partner of the Year Awards 2016.
A key publisher of news, information and updates relevant to the legal industry.
KHQ was a finalist in the Boutique Law Firm of the Year category of the Australasian Law Awards (2016 & 2017).