Our Tax & Structuring team is led by Jack Stuk and Prath Balasubramaniam. Jack has over 30 years’ experience and is one of the nation’s leading taxation law practitioners. Prath previously led the commercial and tax teams at a national firm. Both Jack and Prath have significant expertise in solving complex tax matters and providing advice in relation to commercial transactions, business structuring/restructuring and succession planning.
The team advises on:
- income tax and capital gains tax
- stamp duty
- land tax
- payroll tax
- managing ATO and state revenue office disputes and litigation
- complex succession and estate planning matters
- the application of Part IVA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936, and
- international tax and double tax treaties.