We have significant expertise in protecting, exploiting and commercialising intellectual property, stemming from our team’s longstanding experience servicing clients both nationally and globally.
Our client base is diverse, operating in a range of industries, and includes recognised household name brands. The team’s key strengths are:
- brand protection strategies, including clearance searches, registrability advice, and prosecution of applications through to registration
- intellectual property portfolio management
- audits and assessments to identify assets, underlying ownership and usage rights
- registration and management of trade marks, business names and domain names
- patent licensing and disputes, in conjunction with patent attorneys where appropriate
- strategies to minimise exposure to liability and loss of intellectual capital
- due diligence for major transactions
- undertaking intellectual property policy/reviews – we assist a significant number of private and public sector bodies to comply with relevant laws, policies and procedures
- advice and preparation of submissions to IP Australia
- identification, safeguarding proprietary rights and establishment of appropriate commercialisation frameworks, and
- intellectual property infringement and dispute resolution.
The majority of our trade mark and business name work is done on a fixed fee basis and our hourly rates compare very favourably to larger firms.
In terms of litigation, we have significant experience in assisting clients to prosecute or defend their intellectual property rights, and also in bringing and defending infringement claims. Understanding the particular reputational risks associated with brand infringement actions, we work closely with our clients to achieve commercially favourable outcomes.