Our Intellectual Property team has significant expertise in protecting, exploiting and commercialising intellectual property. Our client base is diverse, operating in a range of industries. The team’s key strengths are:
- Intellectual property portfolio management services.
- Intellectual property audits and assessments to identify assets, underlying ownership and use rights.
- Everything to do with trade marks.
- Brand clearance searches.
- Registration and management of business names and domain names.
- Patent licensing.
- Advising on strategies to minimise exposure to liability and loss of intellectual capital.
- Due diligence for major transactions.
- Working with patent attorneys to obtain patents and also for claim construction and infringement and validity evidence.
- Advice and preparation of submissions to the Registrars & Examiners of IP Australia.
- Identification, safeguarding proprietary rights and establishment of appropriate commercialisation frameworks.
- Undertaking intellectual property policy/reviews, acting for a significant number of private and public sector bodies, we assist in compliance with any necessary laws, policies or procedures.
The majority of our trade mark and business name work is done on a fixed fee basis and our hourly rates compare very favourably to larger firms.