In the areas of insolvency and restructuring, we advise and act for commercial clients, creditors, directors, financiers, individuals, insolvency practitioners, shareholders and other interested persons in relation to the following:
- advising directors and owners of distressed businesses about possible restructuring and insolvency options
- advising directors and owners of distressed businesses about their legal obligations and duties
- advising individuals about their insolvency and restructuring options
- advising on all aspects of personal insolvency and corporate insolvency
- working on the prosecution or defence of litigation
- making applications to the courts by insolvency practitioners pursuant to the Corporations Act 2001 and the Bankruptcy Act 1966
- appointing administrators, liquidators or trustees
- conducting negotiations with creditors and financiers
- conducting examinations on behalf of bankruptcy trustees and liquidators
- drafting documents such as deeds of company arrangement, deeds of forbearance and personal insolvency agreements, and
- acting in recovery proceedings pursuant to the Corporations Act 2001 and the Bankruptcy Act 1966.
In conjunction with the firm’s other practice groups, particularly the Corporate & Commercial group, we can assist in the implementation of any proposed restructure including the drafting and negotiation of sale of assets agreements, the provision of advice in relation to employer obligations and the drafting of any necessary documentation.