Jack is a highly skilled and experienced taxation lawyer, proficient in advising on complex tax issues for high net worth individuals, and across business, commercial and estate matters.
Jack’s experience includes advising on taxation issues relating to commercial transactions (such as sales and acquisitions of businesses) and business structures (including start-ups and joint ventures).
“I truly believe he is one of the best tax and indeed business minds in Australia. I have recommended and continue to recommend Jack to a number of clients” – Chambers & Partners, High Net Worth Guide 2019
His expertise encompasses:
- income, capital gains and fringe benefits taxes
- superannuation (including the Superannuation Guarantee)
- stamp duty, land tax and payroll tax matters (across all Australian states and territories)
- the more complex aspects of taxation law such as audits, access provisions and complex estate matters
- the application of Part IVA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936, and
- advising on international taxation issues.
Jack is the Executive President of the National Tax & Accountants’ Association, a not for profit group which supports taxation professionals in their day to day roles, and also acts as a liaison between its members and the Australian Taxation Office.
Jack also regularly publishes articles and insights on taxation related issues.
His depth of knowledge and solutions-focused approach are highly valued by his clients.