Naomi is a paralegal with the marketing, advertising and promotions team. She joined KHQ after having spent 11 years in-house with travel publisher Lonely Planet, supporting its global marketing teams with their legal needs.
Naomi is passionate about marketing related legal issues and works collaboratively with her clients to ensure that their campaigns are the best they can be. Her expertise includes:
- Advice on the legal construct of trade promotions, from simple games of chance and skill through to highly complex entry mechanics (including on-pack promotions);
- Deep understanding of state and territory gaming laws as they pertain to trade promotions, applicable industry codes, rules pertaining to social media platforms and related consumer law issues;
- Preparation of legally compliant terms and conditions of entry;
- Preparing and filing permit applications and liaison with state and territory gaming authorities;
- Legal review of supporting marketing collateral across all media (including website wireframes, radio scripts, TVCs and social media platforms);
- Advice and support on insured promotions, including review and negotiation of contracts with insurance providers;
- Advice and support on issues which may arise during or post the conduct of a trade promotion;
- Privacy and spam compliance; and
- Practical aspects of marketing activations generally.
Naomi also routinely conducts advertising review for a broad range of clients, ensuring their campaigns are compliant with relevant laws and applicable industry codes (including the AANA Code of Ethics, ABAC Responsible Alcohol Marketing Code and other industry specific advertising codes).
Understanding that marketing teams often work within very tight timeframes and budgets, Naomi provides timely, cost effective review and works with her clients to help them meet their production deadlines. Her practical, solutions-based approach and attention to detail are highly valued by our clients.