Serenay has experience practicing in Wills & Estates in several jurisdictions, including Victoria, Western Australia, and South Australia. She prides herself on obtaining timely and practical outcomes for her clients, and has a passion for representing the most vulnerable members of our community. Serenay believes in a personalised approach to every client and their matter and is dedicated to achieving results that benefit her clients in all aspects of their life.
Serenay’s experience includes:
- Preparing simple and complex Wills.
- Preparing testamentary trust Wills and succession planning.
- Preparing enduring powers of attorney/advanced care directions.
- Preparing Appointments for Medical Treatment Decision Maker.
- Providing advice in relation to the rights and obligations of an attorney pursuant to an enduring power of attorney.
- Providing advice in relation to guardianship and administration matters.
- Initiating recovery proceedings against parties who misappropriated funds/property whilst appointed as an attorney or administrator.
- Acting for vulnerable clients in various matters.
- Obtaining grants of probate/letters of administration in Victoria, Western Australia, and South Australia.
- Administering complex estates.
- Advising beneficiaries as to their entitlements in a Deceased estate.
- Family provision applications.
- Forensic accounting and commercial disputes concerning deceased estates.
- Investigation of misappropriation by executors/trustees.
- Equitable estoppel claims.
- Superannuation claims.
- Strike-out applications in both the County and Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Issuing/defending Will validity claims involving forensic evidence.
Serenay is fluent in the Turkish language and has assisted many clients within the Turkish community. Outside of work, Serenay is a passionate soccer player and can be found on the field with her team.