In this episode of JOY Law, we discuss matters concerning property settlement when relationships end.
- proving relationship status (a key consideration given same sex marriage is not yet legal in Australia);
- agreeing on the property and assets to be divided;
- financial and non-financial contributions to the relationship;
- arriving at a ‘just and equitable distribution’ of property;
- time periods to make a claim to the courts about property settlement disputes; and
- reaching agreement about pets.
Listen to the podcast by clicking here.
If you’d like the team to answer a question on air, please email JOYlaw@joy.org.au.
KHQ Lawyers is a proud sponsor of JOY 94.9.