By Kristina Antoniades (Special Counsel)
In this episode of JOY Law, Monica and Kristina talk about surrogacy: what it is, how it works and the laws pertaining to surrogacy in Australia.
In particular, they discuss:
- the various forms of surrogacy;
- intended parents and who gets named as parents on the child’s birth certificate;
- commercial surrogacy versus altruistic surrogacy;
- the legislation in each state and territory;
- surrogacy agreements; and
- finding a surrogate in Australia and getting support if you are thinking of starting a family.
You can listen to the podcast of this episode by clicking here. On the next episode, we’ll talk about commercial surrogacy overseas.
If you’d like the team to answer a question on air, please email JOYlaw@joy.org.au.
KHQ Lawyers is a proud sponsor of JOY 94.9.