In this episode of JOY Law, Amelia Edwards and Kristina Antoniades discuss religious freedom, discrimination and the Australian Marriage Postal Survey, including:
- religious organisations and exemptions from discrimination;
- existing legal protection for religious freedom (for example, not having to ordain a priest who is transgender);
- commercial enterprises and discrimination;
- potential implications for separation and divorce for same-sex couples who married overseas if the laws are not changed to recognise same sex marriage, and
- legal recognition of the marriage of transgender and intersex people.
Listen to the podcast by clicking here.
If you’d like the team to answer a question on air, please email JOYlaw@joy.org.au.
KHQ Lawyers is a proud sponsor of JOY 94.9.