Yudi is a versatile commercial litigator acting for clients in a wide range of matters. He describes his practice and skills as a broad church. The common theme is Yudi’s drive to achieve client-centric outcomes.
Yudi’s focus is on general commercial litigation but he is equally at home in class actions and large-scale customer remediation programs. Yudi has regularly acted for small to medium businesses as well multinational clients in litigation relating to commercial transactions, financial institutions, pharmaceuticals, allegedly defective products, landfill gas contamination and agribusiness.
Prior to returning to private practice, Yudi ran his own litigation consultancy in which he contracted to and was embedded with organisations including, CBA, AMP, ANZ, the Victorian Government Solicitor’s Office and various law firms. He has also completed secondments with ASIC and the Victorian Government.
Examples of Yudi’s work include:
- Acting in the Federal Court in a contractual dispute concerning the deployment of an employment related software system.
- Defending an international on-line retailer against an ACCC prosecution.
- Advising banks with the development and implementation of customer remediation programs as well as with respect to compliance with the Corporations Act and ASIC guidelines.
- Acting in multiple class actions including against the manufacturer of thalidomide and in relation to pharmaceutical and automotive products.
- Advising and acting for clients in relation to historical dust diseased (asbestos) and toxic tort claims.
- Advising schools on a pro bono basis in relation to legal issues including corporate governance, historical claims, insurance, contractual issues and regulatory compliance.
Yudi is commercially focussed, flexible and client oriented. He is dedicated to protecting organisational value and corporate reputation.