Chris worked for a number of years with Corrs before moving in-house to Telstra as HR Legal Counsel for the “”Factory”” (covering Telstra’s back of house operations including the field workforce). In that role he was also a key strategic advisor to Telstra’s COEs for Workplace Relations, Talent&OD and Remuneration, as well as also being a major advisor to Payroll, Vendor Management and Corporate Security on employment issues. Most recently before joining KHQ, Chris was a partner at a national workplace relations boutique based in Melbourne.
“A leading industrial relations expert … with deep knowledge of the law underpinned by a strong industrial and commercial perspective”
– Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019
Chris’ expertise spans the full range of industrial and employment matters including:
- Project IR, enterprise bargaining and workplace strategy.
- Major disputes and industrial litigation (including good faith litigation, right of entry, protected action and pickets).
- Corporate performance, policy, change management and productivity.
- Executive contracts, remuneration and restraints.
- Employment litigation (including adverse action, unfair dismissal, bullying and EEO).
- OHS and incident prosecution defences.
- Workplace surveillance and privacy.
Chris regularly appears in the Fair Work Commission, as well as in the Federal and State courts nationally. While based in Melbourne, his practice often takes him to Perth, Sydney and Brisbane, with his major clients spread across a range of industries including resources, infrastructure, construction, banking, manufacturing, transport, media, professional services and retail.
Client feedback typically emphasises Chris’ value-driven approach based on genuinely different insight, simple advice and practical outcomes-focused steps.