Michael is a principal solicitor in our Workplace Relations & Safety group, and practices all aspects of workplace relations law with a particular focus in the areas of employee relations, corporate employment, M&A/transactional employment matters and dispute resolution.
Michael’s ER expertise is enhanced by his strong corporate and commercial background, which enables him to provide sound practical legal solutions to complex employment law issues with commercially focused outcomes.
Michael has experience acting for clients from SMEs through to global corporations in a diverse range of industry sectors including IT services, consulting/recruitment, professional services, insurance and financial services, transport and logistics, retail and supply, building and construction, resources, manufacturing and education.
Michael’s areas of expertise and key strengths include:
- employee relations and corporate employment matters
- corporate performance, including change management/restructuring and M&A/transactional employment issues
- employment dispute resolution, including executive/contractual disputes and breaches of restraints, confidentiality & IP obligations
- employment disputation, including adverse action, unfair dismissal and EEO disputes
- industrial relations, including enterprise bargaining, approvals and disputes
- terminations, including the planning of termination of employment strategies
- performance management strategies and workplace investigations
- employment contracts, policies and training
- Fair Work Act and Award/Agreement compliance, interpretation and enforcement
- employee entitlements and FWO investigations
- employee share option plans and bonus schemes, and
- employment law advisory.
Michael regularly appears at the Fair Work Commission, in State and Federal courts, VCAT and in other jurisdictions. He is a member of the Industrial Relations Society of Victoria, and regularly publishes articles and delivers seminars and webinars on topical employment issues.